Thursday, July 7, 2011

Man Pleads Guilty to Coercing Girl He Met at Anime Con

He even looks creepy to me.
Man Pleads Guilty to Coercing Girl He Met at Anime Con

There are a few things that really get under my skin (okay, more then a few).  The idea of a 13 year-old girl being exposed to sexually explicit conduct from a 33 year-old man that she met at a con really gets me.  What she was doing talking to a 33 year-old in the first place I am not sure, but generally I always feel exceptionally safe at cons.  Safe and confident enough to walk around in mini skirts and cleavage baring outfits that I would never feel okay with anywhere else.  In fact I am so comfortable that for the most part my creep radar is off.  I have been to going to cons since 2008 and NYCC this year will be my ninth show.  So far the only creep I have dealt with was the vendor that insulted my costume at the Philly Show this year.  He made me cry and he should be ashamed of himself.  Other then that I have met none but maybe it's because I am clearly not 13. 

Whether or not this girl knew what was happening, it makes me want to try to stop these things from occurring.  Even though I know that's pretty much impossible, but I do think due to the high volume of children at these events registered sex offenders should be bared from attending.  Of course that doesn't mean they wouldn't get in anyway, but it would make me feel a little better and hopefully help other people feel safer.  If I were a parent that does not go to these shows hearing this story I would not want my child at a con.  I also wonder if this girl will return to another show or has she forever been scarred by it now.  :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!