Monday, July 18, 2011

SDCC: Zenescope Scavenger Hunt

SDCC Zenescope Monster Scavenger Hunt

Zenescope announced their plans for San Diego Comic Con and I have to say it sounds like a fun idea. If only I was going and had a smart phone. Using a the application mentioned in the article above participants walk around the show taking photos of monsters on a list that I am assuming Zenescope will provide via the application, their booth, or on their facebook page. For each photo you win a comic and if participants snap pics of ten of the twelve monsters by 6pm Fri and Sat they are entered to win some nice prizes. Check the article for those details.

I do have to say... 10 variant covers? Isn't that a bit excessive? I love eBas and Debalfo both as people and as artists, but I don't think each cover needs three different takes not to mention the new variants for older issues that are certain to pop up for companies like Fantastic Realm and Jay Company Comics. I have slowed down a lot in my variant purchases because of the high amount of them. I feel like it makes them much less desirable and collectible. I guess it must be working for them though or maybe they just have a lot coming out right now with The Dream Eater Saga in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!