Saturday, August 13, 2011

Elektra Cosplay

Well since I am new to this I keep trying characters with interchangeable items and ones that I shouldn't need a wig for.  So on the agenda is Elektra
.... so wig and red boots (probably boot covers) can be used for other characters.

So far I have the top sewn and what I learned in today's sewing fiasco is:  when working with spandex use a pattern 4 sizes too small.  I decided to make my costume top in the size that should fit with my measurements.  Alas it wound up being SIX inches too big in circumference.  When I measured it out it wound up being way bigger then the measurements on the pattern.  So I took it in, under the arms and at the back seams since the front would have been tough.  Now the waist fits but the bust not so much.  After I finished off the seams the top is loose... so I think I am going to have to figure something out with elastic because I cannot have the top sliding off one side... sorry.

I am frustrated.

1 comment:

  1. I did add elastic to the top and now it fits snug, but it bunches in the strap. Not everything is perfect right? Because it's staying this way.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!