Friday, August 5, 2011

Just Something Random

Don't skip dinner.

Tuesday night this girl didn't get very much sleep at all.  So not surprisingly I crashed about an hour after I got home Wednesday.  I fell asleep around 4:30/5pm only waking up once for about 20 minutes tops and then again at 5am and actually woke up at almost 8am.  I was very sleepy.  Needless to say I skipped dinner while I was asleep and I felt awful in the morning.  It's funny because I feel perfectly normal lounging around the house, but the second I go to do something physical or start thinking (once I get to work) I feel very off.

I have been speculated as hypoglycemic in the past by both doctors and long time friends.  But have never gone through the test.  So here I am feeling awful this morning and doing exactly what a hypoglycemic naturally does when the blood sugar goes too low.  I ate everything I could think of that might make me feel better.  Nothing was working.  French toast with syrup = no help.  Another thing that happens in the sensation of being too warm (and night sweats which I do get also) and I was having that feeling.  So my shoveling food in was not helping and I was getting frustrated.  Suddenly I remembered soda and juice.  The quick fix.  Soda WORKS.  I honestly had maybe 1/4 cup and I felt better.  So from a former caffeine and soda junkie, I say thank you Mountain Dew for being chockful of a ridiculous amount of wonderful sugar.

I never believed my sugar handicapped friends before... oh but I do now.

Moral of the story... don't skip dinner, even if it's just a sandwich.  You may screw you're whole system up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!