EXCLUSIVE DEBUT OF DESIGNER TOYS BY RENOWNED ARTISTS INCLUDING
PETE FOWLER AND LANA CROOKS
(New York, NY, October 4, 2011) - Building on the momentum of its inaugural Designer Toy Awards (DTA), Clutter Magazine (Clutter) today announced its first ever exhibition at NY Comic Con 2011 (NYCC). In partnership with its new umbrella company Clutter Media Group (CMG), Clutter will debut numerous exciting new initiatives at corner booth #583 from October 13-16. Clutter’s booth will reside in The Cultyard, NYCC’s premier design and art pavilion co-founded by Clutter’s own Jim Crawford.
“With Clutter’s expanding growth, we’re excited to announce the formation of Clutter Media Group. Exhibiting at New York Comic Con is just one of many activations we’ll be rolling out to the international designer toy community,” says Josh Kimberg, Clutter’s Managing Partner.
As one of their new initiatives, Clutter will debut and release exclusive limited edition designer toys and art created by industry luminaries. These offerings represent Clutter’s first ever partnership with manufacturers and artists to license and release designer toys.
The limited edition runs include 50 “Toy Prince” figures designed by Pete Fowler and manufactured by Cherry Vinyl, a partnership of Pretty in Plastic and Lulubell. The first designer toy by Fowler to be released in many years, “Toy Prince” is based on the dazzling golden “Toy King” trophy designed by Fowler exclusively for winners of the Designer Toy Awards. In a limited edition of only 25 figures, Clutter will also debut a plush squid designer toy by Lana Crooks. A sneak peak of the squid plushie is available now at www.cluttermagazine.com.
In addition to releasing designer toys, Clutter is partnering with 1xRun on a series of exclusive art prints. Their first offering, which will debut at Clutter’s NYCC booth, is an edition of 50 signed and numbered prints of Fowler’s “Toy King.” Clutter will also be taking pre-orders for Clutter Magazine Issue 16, which contains exclusive Designer Toy Awards coverage.
Clutter will be covering NYCC on the ground from October 13-16. Throughout the four days, Clutter editors will host exclusive interviews with DTA Board Members and Winners including Kidrobot’s ambassador Ryan the Wheelbarrow, Ron English, Tara McPherson, Jonathan Cathey, Chad Phillips, Jack Muramatsu of Vinyl Pulse. Visit the Clutter website for updates on the schedule of interviews.
To engage NYCC attendees, Clutter will host a number of interactive contests online and at its booth integrating social media. Contests include:
Clutter “Bossy Bear” Facebook Contest:
• Already launched on Clutter’s Facebook page
• Contestants compete to win a “Bossy Bear” designer toy by submitting home-made images of its likeness.
Clutter Facebook/Twitter Raffle:
- At Clutter’s NYCC booth #583 there will be a touchscreen computer displaying Clutter’s animated Twitter feed with a “Follow” button and Clutter’s Facebook Page with a “Like” button.
- On Sunday, October 16th, a winner, randomly chosen from those who “Like” Clutter on Facebook during NYCC, will be awarded a “Pink Destroyer” by Buff Monster from the Loyal Subjects
- On Sunday, October 16th, a winner, randomly chosen from those who “Follow” Clutter on Twitter during NYCC, will be awarded a “Pink Destroyer” by Buff Monster from the Loyal Subjects.
- Anyone who checks into Clutter’s NYCC booth #583, takes a photo with Pete Fowler’s “Toy King” trophy and uploads the photo to Foursquare, will receive a coupon for 10% off at the Clutter Store.
- On Saturday, October 15th, the person who uploads the most photos and becomes the Mayor of Clutter @ NYCC will:
- Be Awarded an Exclusive Clutter Gift Bag.
To celebrate all of these exciting new Clutter developments and the launch of CMG, the Clutter folks will be throwing a party at Concrete Bar, just blocks away from the Javits Convention Center, on Thursday, October 13th at 7pm. The soiree is open to the public and the first 25 to walk through the door will receive an exclusive Clutter gift bag.
- Be Interviewed by Clutter on Saturday, October 15th at their booth and be featured on the magazine's exclusive NYCC web feed.
About Clutter Magazine
Clutter is the world's premier media source for Designer Toys and the trusted thought-leader of this global subculture community. Since 2004, Clutter has been the go-to destination for creatives, companies and collectors, providing regular in-depth trend analysis directly from the vinyl frontier where fine art meets fine artifacts. With a high-quality print magazine, dynamic online portals, lively social media channels and the first industry-established annual award ceremony, Clutter is the catalyst for a uniquely active and vocal community engaged in the serious business of work and play. Clutter Magazine and the Designer Toy Awards are divisions of Clutter Media Group, LLC. For further information about Clutter, please visit www.cluttermagazine.com