Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bring on the Buffy...

Well along with making my first pair of glitter heels and watching Beauty and the Beast on ABC Family, I just read my very first issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.


Growing up, I always refused to watch the TV show until it was in reruns when I finally figured out I liked the show.  I have been like this with many popular shows the biggest of them being Sex and the City, which turns out I like as well.  My problem with Buffy was that I loved the movie so when the TV show came out and it was completely different I rejected it.

However, reading my first Buffy comic was exhilarating.  To be specific this was the brand new Freefall 3.  I am still a little lost as to who some of the supporting characters are, but I guess that's what happens when you jump in smack in the middle of a storyline.

I am such an addict for a good unique story.  Today the idea of zombies, werewolves, and vampires are not unique.  In fact, they are on the edge of over saturation.  Mostly due to Twilight.  I did read all of Twilight and I like Twilight.  I have no desire to read the graphic novels and the movies are awful expecially when compared to the books.  I will leave my thoughts on Twilight for another blog.

Anyway, my favorite part of this Buffy book was the end and that moment when you think "uh oh" or "omg!"  I don't have that reaction very often.  Part of it might be the newness to Buffy but I would like to think of it as them giving something me well written with a unique story and good old fashioned slaying!

Loved it and I will probably keep reading Buffy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!