Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year!

I am posting this now because odds are I won't be able to do any blogging until Monday, possibly Sunday depending on how exhausted I am.

It may be just my friends and me, but hasn’t this holiday season bit a bit of a downer? 

Happy New Years! 
Last year in Manhattan at a friends house.
Between hearing stories of family members having seizures on Christmas Day at the family dinner, to loved ones becoming very ill, to broken friendships, to broken relationships, to deaths, it seems as though the last two weeks has done a number on everyone.  Personally, the shared empathy for all of our personal troubles has been a welcome addition to daily life considering I did not have the easiest last week myself.


I make no attempt to hide that fact that December is the roughest time of the year for me.  If you can handle being around me during this month, it’s a sure fire thing that you won’t mind me the rest of the year.  This is a tricky month full of stress, anxiety, work overload, and everything that could possibly cause my little happy bubble to burst into violent flames without any notice.  December and me do not get along well.  This year we were more peaceful until this last week, but hey guess what December you’re almost gone so there!  Get out!  I am done with you messing me up!

January and the new year is among us!  We are always in the future at work so I am already in the habit of tacking 2012 on everything and I am SO ready for this year!  My mono/ebv is getting better every day and starting next week (assuming I can get the class booked) I will begin flying again and all will be well in my world.  I can’t remember the last time I flew, but I can remember the immense stress relief and freedom I felt.  I can’t wait!  Nor can I wait to blog about it.  XD

I am also starting to plan out cosplays for 2012.  Talked to my favorite fabulous prop maker about getting some gear made.  While being sick and having nothing to do but watch TV and sit online I researched quite a bit.  Also been trying to make some plans for some floor buddies since I choose to not hit the floors alone if I can help it.  I do think this season it's going to be floor buddies or no shows for me, but I still have a few months to work that out.

Oh and this weekend is looking to be the busiest weekend I have had since NYCC.  My favorite love bug just turned two and I get to hang with him and one of my besties all day and into the night tomorrow laughing and being silly, some things just never change thankfully.  New Years Day I have a party to be at with the trapeze and circus crowd (what better way to start kick off flying again).  To make things even better, I got an email yesterday and some of my family is coming down to visit this weekend and I am squeezing them in for breakfast tomorrow!  It’s not the weekend I had thought I would be having but despite things it’s looking pretty good regardless.

So anyway, it’s a about to be a new year and I say out with the old and in with the new.  I am sure 2012 won’t be perfect but I have high hopes that it is going to be great.  I don’t make new years resolutions in case you are wondering but if I had to I think it would be something along the lines of vowing to live life to the fullest that I can.  Lets do our best to start off on a clean slate with those whose company we enjoy and by that I certainly don't mean be by yourself!  Go out or stay home with friends and have fun!

What are your New Years plans?  What do you hope to get accomplished this year?  What are you looking forward to?

Oh and my new favorite quote…

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
~ Marilyn Monroe ~


That right there is most definitely the lesson I learned through out 2011 that I hope to hold on to going forward.

More cookies!  Yay!  Yellow scarves were needed.

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit shocked at how popular this post is considering it's been up two hours with absolutely no tags. But thank you for reading. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!