Monday, February 6, 2012

WONDER WOMEN! The Untold Story of American Superheroines

While perusing the Huffington Post online today for food related news.  I took a glance at the Art section and wound up stumbling upon the article "Fictional And Real Life Women Kick Butt In The Film 'Wonder Women! The Untold Story Of American Superheroines."  What is this, I thought...


Apparently this kickstarter project, film by Kristy Guevara-Flanagan and produced by Kelcey Edwards, is about the evolution of Wonder Woman and today's superheroine.
" From the birth of the comic book superheroine in the 1940s to the blockbusters of today, WONDER WOMEN! looks at how popular representations of powerful women often reflect society’s anxieties about women’s liberation."
~ http://vaquerafilms.com/wonderwoman/
 I took a look at the website for this great concept and they have a list of characters.  Either strong successful women who are Wonder Women in their own right and creators of past and present who have worked on the Wonder Woman comic.  Included is Lynda Carter, Lindsay Wagner, Shelby Knox, Gail Simone, etc... but I squealed when I saw Elizabeth Streb on the list!  I have yet to see a Streb produced show and I was hoping to see her most recent piece Kiss The Air but it was smack in the middle of the holidays.  One day, because I know she puts together some amazing shows that defy the laws of gravity.

Back to Wonder Woman, it appears the film is ready to go (minus post production) and they are getting ready for the World Premier at the Austin, Texas' South by Southwest Film Festival in March!

Right now they have a kickstarter going to help fund the post production so they can get this film to South by Southwest.  I am very intrigued by this project and you know me... I will be funding after I post this and probably putting a widget up.  I am pretty stoked about the signed DVD options...

Wonder Woman Kickstarter Project

WONDER WOMAN! The Untold Story of American Superheroines Website

Huffington Post: Wonder Woman Article

There is a very nice "trailer" type promo after Kristy and Kelcey speak so keep your speakers on and the frame going.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!