Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Emotional Balance Between People

So over the last week and this past weekend I have been thinking about how the vast differences of emotional states between my friendships and out it helps balance us all out.


I have had a lot of very good things happen to me or around me recently and while things are going very well for me it’s almost as thought I can’t fully enjoy it because quite a few people in my social circle are going through very rough times.  They are going through life changing moments that are not easy to deal with.

While it would be easy for me to think of every one as a buzz kill, (How dare you rain on my parade, rwar) but this is so not me as I am very happy to try to help them out the best I can when they ask.  However, I am contemplating the balance of it all.  Maybe this is when I get to pay back all the time and years people have dealt with me being down during dark times?  Maybe there is a reason I am having such a great time?  Maybe it’s so I have the strength to hold my friends hands?

Do you ever wonder why even best friends can have opposite emotional weeks?  I like to think it’s so we can balance each other out?  I am not fond of the concept of misery loves company, although often miserable people do love misery.  A simple key to happiness that I have found is removing such people from my life, because I don’t want to be miserable.  Sure we all have bad days, weeks, months, and even years but I would rather be on the side fighting for better days then wallow in my misery and of course that is a personal choice.

I don’t know, I have just been thinking about why I am having such a great time and that is putting me in a position to help where I can and I am finding quite a few people in need.  Last week alone five friends of mine were hit with life changing events and even though change is essentially good it’s ridiculously hard to go through.  I am not talking about a college student changing their major I am talking about things along the line of divorces.  Changes that truly affect a person deep down.  It’s heartbreaking at times but I think I have been given a bit of happiness so I can share it and hopefully help a little.

What do you think?  I mean if there is no happiness without pain or vice versa then happiness and pain have to balance each other out somehow.  I feel like a little piece of sunshine again and it's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!