Tuesday, March 27, 2012

iCon 31

So I fell asleep while watching Dancing with the Stars last night and woke up at 3:30 this morning.  I figure now is as good a time as any to talk about this weekends convention since I probably won't have time to do so otherwise.


I have been super busy and so much so that I might skip cosplaying at this show.  We all know too well that I want to take a break anyway.  I had hoped to debut X-23 but my claws have yet to arrive (and yes they are very late) so I put finishing the costume on the back burner like everything else.  Not that I have the time.  I would love to finally put all of Supergirl together because I have not done that yet, not even at home.  I haven't seen put together with the costume, new boots, contacts, and wig (with fancy new bangs thanks to Stef).  Doesn't seem like Supergirl is going to be a fit for this show as it's a small science fiction convention.  With the Dr. Who guests this year I thought I could pull off an Amy Pond.  I happen to have that reddish blonde wig from the back order fiasco a few weeks ago.  I have the outfit right out of my closet but I need the cowboy boots and jacket.  Probably should update the shirt too.  I did pick up a jacket yesterday but since I might just can the idea  I am not taking the tags off.

Why would I can it?  I am having an extremely hard time getting plans set with my cosplay friend that is coming with me.  It's very frustrating and its why I was super upset Sunday.  I only had last night and today to throw this together and technically I don't have that time, I am making that time by pushing my other responsibilities to the side.  We will see how today goes and if it goes sour I am probably canning it and returning the jacket.  I might just be me.

Anyway, iCon 31 is this weekend.  I have never been a huge fan of this show.  That is not a secret.  Usually every year it comes around people try to drag me there and I refuse to go.  I changed my mind this year and each person I ask about it is working or going on a day I will not be there.  I am only planning on being there Sunday.  There was a possibility of going to Philadelphia for a shoot with two friends for Sunday but they are insisting on Saturday, so I might pop into iCon Sunday just to say hi to a few folks I don't get to see much of.

While I am interested to see Jamie Marchi, I plan on spending time just walking around and checking out vendors as usual.  Of course I can't wait to see Joe Corsentino!  I always get more excited about an artist then a celebrity.  They have a lot of programing going on but I have yet to see descriptions of what they programs are.  Maybe it's obvious to people who attend every year but this I haven't been since 2007 and before that I went but I did not realize I was there.  This was back in 2000 when the tickets were inexpensive and a friend wanted to check it out briefly.

I do wish certain people were coming.  My one girlfriend enlightened me to the board gaming at the show.  I did not know this.  I know they are big on RPG's and card games, but not board games.  They are also having video game tournaments.

I have to start getting ready for work.  I hope everyone has a lovely day.  My cold is still lingering weeks later and I still have to get a hold of my floor buddy.  :/

If you want to take a peek at the show details here is their website... http://iconsf.org

1 comment:

  1. I will be there Saturday definitely. Little errors like this happen when I type at 4am.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!