Monday, June 25, 2012

Sketch Modeling

Yesterday at the very last minute I attended a sketch modeling event at Comics & More in King of Prussia, PA. 


Originally this weekend my plans had consisted of finally having one day (Saturday) to clean up, blog, and finish some projects.  Sunday I had a photo shoot for a magazine and a static trapeze class.  My trapeze class was moved last minute to a time that forced me to choose between the two.  After I let my frustration out it occurred to me I would be able to go to the Saturday shoot and then go to the sketch event I originally thought I was not able to attend.  So I guess things do work themselves out.  It's very hard to be committed to two hobbies and constantly have them conflict so I think I might have to adapt a more blase attitude.  However, that means my outcome from either will not be great.  Ugg.

I would up feeling very under the weather Saturday and did not make it to the shoot, but I did make it out to PA Sunday (I didn't have to drive!).  I am still not feeling well and the allure of my bed is taunting me right now.  I actually brought three costumes with me to PA: Supergirl, Calie, Elektra, and Mary Jane.  I really did not know what I was going to be wearing so I brought some options along.

I started in Supergirl.  Takes so little time to get into but the worst part was getting my boots on.  I will be investing in baby powder for the future.  The boots can be tricky and it was very warm and humid in the backroom.  So my boots did not want to go on.  I finished in Calie.  Calie now has new thigh highs that are not stirrups and I haven't worn her much plus I thought she could be more fun to pose.  This is not the case.  My Calie has a waist cincher so I am limited in movement, plus the skirt is very short.

This was my first time modeling for sketches and it was a lot of fun.  It's a bit strange the way the artists look the model.  The concentration faces can look a bit off putting, but the artists also chat with you a bit.  Vicki and I went back and forth with modeling.  We started by doing one minute poses for warm ups, then 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 15 minutes, and finally a 30 minute with both of us.

Modeling is NOT EASY!  Holding a pose for 5 minutes is annoying but wow the 15 minute pose I did in Calie gave my arms and thighs a beating.  Sitting still for 30 minutes was very tough for me.  I am not great at sitting still in the first place let alone on a stool when I am not feeling well.  Anyway, if you ever have the opportunity to do sketch modeling I highly suggest it.  The best part was getting to see the drawings at the end.  I didn't get to see all of them though as some artists can be shy showing their work.





I am much tanner then I think I am... ha!

This pose killed my arms and thighs.  I was shaking by the end.










Blurry pic of me headed home!