Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Trapeze Class!

Good morning!

So I woke up this morning at 4am and I haven't been able to go back to sleep.  Since my alarm is ready to wake me up in an hour I thought maybe this is the perfect time for a blog.


I haven't been blogging much lately.  Even though my schedule "freed" up a bit it still hasn't allowed me much breathing and reflecting time.  This week my schedule looks like this: 3 afternoons in trapeze classes (which take 3 to 5 hours depending), two afternoons with a friend recovering from surgery, and the other two with my man one of which is laundry night.  Yes 3-5 hours for one trapeze class...  Augh!  My school is about an hour to an hour and a half away so that's 2-3 hours driving and class can be anywhere from 1 hour to 2, plus we like to get to lunch or dinner after class sometimes, often I need to or I can get sick (like last night).

So I have an hour of quiet time this morning and I haven't written about trapeze in quite some time.

I had an amazing flying trapeze class last night.  Good enough that when I got home I was very hyper.  I either completely exhaust myself trapezing or I wind up very excited.  It's great to have had an amazing class since last week I had the complete opposite.  I had a very frustrating and upsetting class last week so much so that I almost left class 30 minutes in and I did leave early, but not that early.  Problem is I am trying to learn my swing and I am not a very forceful person.  I decided I need to be angry and aggressive when swinging until the motions become second nature to me.  I think it's the only way I am going to get the purpose and power I need.  I am not an aggressive person so it's a bit different for me.

Last night I decided to go back to a trick that I had learned two years ago and never caught, the dreaded pullover shoot.  I still did a swing (much better then last week) but I wanted to actually work on a trick so I thought it would be a good trick to return to.  I stopped working on the pullover shoot because it is very rough on the hips and after two weekly classes back to back I wanted to give my hips a rest.  It's also very tiring.  Doing this trick now after studying static trapeze has made it a million times easier but also a touch harder because I have some naughty cheat habits in static that I need to stop.  I finally caught the pullover shoot last night and I nailed the return bar (sloppy, but I got it).

Static trapeze is getting much more fun, much more interesting, and of course more challenging.  I have certain videos that I have watched online in awe and now I watch them and realize I can do their routine not as polished but I can do those tricks.  Here are some new pics of static tricks from a few weeks ago, some stills from flying, and two catch videos from last night!  Enjoy!

The Arch Up... love this trick... need to straighten my leg though.

Just hanging around

Supported Amazon

Amazon... I love this trick too

Scissor Roll another fav

I am not sure what we call this.
It's the half way point of a Scissor Roll.
It looks pretty but its uncomfortable.
Regardless I like it.

Bird Hang!
Knee Turn

Single Leg Turn
Catching the Penny Roll

Set Split

Catching a Pullover Shoot

We just missed each other... finger tips.  Ugg.

In position for the shoot.
In the first video, we just miss the catch and in my head it looks like Michelangelo's "Creation of Adam" (hand detail).  We just missed!  It was bittersweet.  In the second video, I actually caught the trick and made it back to the bar!  Check them out!  And a HUGE thank you to my friends for taking pictures and video!