Thursday, May 2, 2013

Free Comic Book Day 2013


Since Free Comic Book Day is right around the corner, I thought it would be best to share with everyone some fabulous events going on in NY and NJ (including mine)!

Fourth World Comics in Smithtown New York will be giving away 2-3 free comics to each person attending the event. They will also be having a 20% off sale!  That’s 20% of everything in the store (except discounted items, hold and consignment items).

12pm – 2pm Scott Snyder and Jim Lee will be signing by ticket only.

While I found out this information earlier this week, I only now found out about the ticketing or I would have posted this information sooner.  The tickets were given out through a lottery which is now closed, but don’t let that stop you from enjoying FCBD!  I say go get some books and know you’re in the presence of greatness.

4pm – 6pm Shaun Simon (co-writer of “Killjoys” with Gerard Way) will be signing.

This signing is not ticketed, but I say go early for you books and hang around or come back to see Shaun.


I will not be at my local store Fourth World Comics (maybe one year, but not this year).  You should swing by if you’re in the area.  It’s a great shop with a large selection and friendly knowledgeable staff.  Instead of staying local, I will be out in New Jersey at the new Comic Fusion!

Comic Fusion in Flemington New Jersey will have lots of activities going on including artists, cosplayers, face painting, and even a video game machine (I am interested to see if it’s an arcade machine or something completely different) from 11am until 5pm!  Artists on hand will be Scott Barnett, Nick Mockoviak, Tom Schloendorn, Phil Sloan and Eric Grissom!  They will be signing and creating sketching on sketch covers you can purchase.


As for me, I will be at Comic Fusion hopefully by 11am.  I am planning on wearing Padme (May the 4th after all) and Black Widow, but I am not sure in which order.  I can’t wait to have some great pictures for you all!

I am pretty excited to be situated in one spot this year rather than traveling to three different stores in three different states.

Speaking of, if you happen to be out in King of Prussia Pennsylvania stop by Comics and More on FCBD.  They are sure to have some great festivities happening!