Friday, June 14, 2013

Busy June Days and Weekends

Hey all!  Sorry about my lack of blog updates.  I expect I will have more posts next month when my schedule plateaus a bit.  In the meantime, this is what I have been up to and what may come about in a week or two.


I have been consistently working on a mermaid costume for the Coney Island Mermaid Parade.  I will not be a part of the parade and originally I was just going to hang out and see it.  Alas, with a little shove I got inspired to create something. I am basing my mermaid costume off of Ariel because I like costumes that I can wear to more than one event.  Plus, I love The Little Mermaid.  I actually remember being 8 years old and seeing it in the theaters with my Step Dad and when it came out on VHS I watched it every single weekend and most likely more than once.  I am hoping that what I come with for this year is only the beginning of the costume.  I am hoping to add on to the costume each year, because I like the idea of the costume evolving through the years.  Also because with limited time and limited funds there is only so much I can do from now until next week.  In the long run I would like to see the shells have some pearls, purple stones, some barnacles, and dripping with sparkly sea garb.  So this year I am starting with the base.

I also did a Skype interview with Templar Digital.  I have a feature being set up with SCG.  I am working on a feature with My Friends are Superheroes.  I am doing another Skype interview Sunday morning with Living For the Moments.  So look forward to those.

Tomorrow, I will be at EternalCon which is out here on Long Island!  So iCon may have been canceled but this show is looking to be a lot of fun.  Plus it’s in the Aviation museum and a ticket to the show is also a ticket to the museum.  I am pretty thrilled to be in a plane museum!  I will be dressing as Black Widow and hopefully with all my artillery (let’s hope they allow them otherwise they will be in my car).

Next weekend in the Mermaid Parade and the following weekend is Wizard World New York City Experience!  Back to back fun!  Then come July I finally get to relax a little and start working on my next cosplay that is for New York Comic Con.  If I get a good head start on that costume, I may finally start working on Meg.  I have everything, I just need to get to work on it.

I as much as I am enjoying everything going on right now, I can’t wait for July.  I am making a point of not scheduling any conventions in July or August (not right now anyway) so that I can enjoy a little bit of the summer.

I am also planning on writing a tutorial on my seashell top.  I may write one on my tail as well, but that depends on how it turns out.

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!