Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Skirt Day

I have never, not even on a random pop in, worn a skirt to work.  It's a thing, but....

Yesterday, I did!


So as a kid I was this super girly girl.  I loved pink and fought to wear dresses and skirts every day.  I absolutely hated wearing pants and jeans in particular.  However, as I got older instead of continuing to progress into a full blown high maintenance girly girl I changed into more of something in-between a being girly and a tomboy.

I distinctly remember two moments that changed my choice of dress. One (one of a few actually) was in the 4th grade when a particular female classmate liked to lift my skirt/dress up anytime I wore a dress to the point I just stopped wearing them completely.

Then in the 10th grade, I decided to wear a skirt to school and a male friend of mine asked me "why are you dressed like a slut today?"  That was the last time I ever wore a skirt to school and never wore that skirt again.  Ever since then I have been somewhat uneasy in skirts and dresses except as formal wear or club wear.

Sad right?

In the last few years, I have pushed my own boundaries and attempted to get reacquainted with skirts.  Oddly, I don't even know what to wear them with any more!  Ha!

This past weekend while looking for awesome new work pants I came across this nice wool skirt that I fell in love with.  I was itching to wear it and it's perfect work length because it's just above the knee.  I can to a forward bend and not worry about my tushy.  I was worried about harassment.

I worry about harassment because I do have someone outside of my department that harasses me.  I have another that likes to dive his face down my shirt.  It's one thing on a glance but to stare when you're only 2 feet away is entirely different story.  Anyway, I got off scot-free today!  Even though I made sure to make a hardcore detour from my harasser.  It was fairly obvious.  I don't care.

Overall, it was a really good experience with lots of compliments and comments about it being the first time anyone has seen my knees.  Ha ha!  I wear capris and gauchos but they are below the knee.

I need to get over this because my legs are the one thing I absolutely like about myself.  I love my legs.

It's pretty cool doing things outside of my boundaries.  Weird boundaries but still boundaries.  This was a leap for me.

End of the day.  I am pooped here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!