Tuesday, April 28, 2015

McCalls Yaya Han Ultimate Bodysuit

C2E2 was a blast!  One of the very first things I spotted was the McCall's booth with the release of Yaya Han's patterns.



Upon purchasing the patterns they came with a signed Yaya Han print, a McCall's tote and some other materials.

I, of course, jumped on the bodysuit pattern. I already own a few leotard patterns and a bodysuit pattern but this pattern is a bit more involved and I like that.  Most importantly, it has princess seams.

The pattern includes options for cup sizes A/B, C, and D.  I question why A and B are one size and it's disheartening that the cup sizes end at D.  I happen to be a DDD.  However, I think with spandex this shouldn't be an issue for me.  It also may have something to do with the sizing since I fall into the smaller size pack and did not take a closer look at the larger pack.

The pattern itself seems pretty sweet.  Looking at the examples given on the package it appears to be set to give instructions for front zipper or back zipper. The bodysuit can be made as a leotard of a full bodysuit.

Being a seamstress and working with patterns enough, this can easily be modified for non-collar, sleeveless, hip hip, sleeve length, leg length, or even cut outs.  The only option that might be difficult is a raglan sleeve or a Captain Marvel style suit.

I can't wait to work with this!  I may be remaking my Huntress suit (I know, why???).  I do need to remake my Black Widow suit.  Expect a working review in the future. 

Yaya Hans patterns are available online at cosplay.mccall.com and this pattern retails at $21.95.