Monday, November 9, 2015

Retro Con 2015

Since Retro Con debuted a few years ago, I have been wanting to go but every year I have had a conflict or my schedule was just too full. I finally made it this year!


RetroCon was the prefect show to follow up JemCon and just like JemCon I also started this blog and somehow wandered off somewhere.  Ha.  Anyway, when I go to conventions I tend to ignore the entertainment and beeline for the toys and trades. Well RetroCon is THE PLACE for toys. My goodness, the vendors tables are filled with so many memories.

For my purposes at least four vendors had vintage My Little Pony. That never happens at any show.  I wound up picking up two ponies. I wanted more of course but sometimes a girl has to wait.  I saw a lot of in box Strawberry Shortcake.  I don't care for Strawberry Shortcake but it's always cool seeing vintage boxed toys.

I had an amazing time cosplaying as Stormer and Samantha. Being in The Misfits is ridiculously fun. We spent the day throwing quips at each other.  Many people kept calling us Jem and the Holograms.  I kept saying right show wrong band.  We had fun and then our toes gave out.  Darn shoes!

Samantha from Bewitched is one of my favorite characters. I haven't worn her since last years Dragon*Con. I figured if people didn't know who I was they would at least know I was a witch.  To my surprise a lot of people knew I was Sam from Bewitched. They may not remember Sams name but they knew it was Bewitched.  Yay!  I love Bewitched so much.  I hope I did Elizabeth Montgomery proud. Granted my costume is based on the cartoon and the doll.

Other than JemCon, I have not been to a convention in PA in a few years. There were a lot of faces I have not seen in a while.  Many that took me a few minutes to match the face and name.  Some that I see a few times a year.  However, there were also a few that brought back some not so great memories but they are memories and they need to stay there.

RetroCon was fabulous. It was a lot of fun. It's always great seeing my friends in one area.  I needed to see many of these people more then they realize.  I just wish it wasn't such a long drive for me but it was certainly worth it. Every minute.

Funny enough since RetroCon, I was asked to describe the show and it's exactly this "walking back into your childhood."

PARADISE ESTATE!!!!!

Steampunk R2-D2


Talking Tina

PONIES!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!