Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pirate Fairy Zarina Update: Wings!

The pirate herself!
Did you think I forgot all about my Zarina cosplay? I absolutely did not forget about her.  In fact, I see her every time I put a sea pony on my shelf as a constant reminder I have to finish.



I started her at the beginning of 2015 but I wound up so side tracked with other costuming projects that I never got to finish her. 

Being that I took off from work today, last night I decided to start building her wings. Her wings and her belt are her main components that she is missing. I have interest in her sword but it's not nessicary at this time.

I made this wild decision at 11:30pm and finished the frame at 2:30am.  Time wise that's not too bad. However, it means I stayed up super late.

Wings are fun projects and when I finish them maybe I will post a tutorial on how I did Zarinas specifically. This type of wings I am making will be fantasy film and I have yet to make these. We all know how much I love making new things!

I will say I am very glad I picked up the Zarina doll last year as the wing pattern was super easy to follow and I was able to work some math to make the wings curve more appropriately instead of guessing.

Oddly, I did try to start on her belt and I purchased the wrong size beads and the spacers have me stumped.  Her belt is actually a bracelet. I will figure it out eventually.

Here are some pics from last night!


Sketching out the top part of the wing.

Creating one side of the frame.

The frame together with the harness.

Kind of hard to see but the wings are HUGE!

And here they will sit upside down until I get the rest of the supplies to finish the project.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there I am so glad I found your site, I really found you by
    error, while I was researching on Google for something else,
    Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say
    many thanks for a fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS http://awriter.org/superiorpaperscom/
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to
    read much more, Please do keep up the excellent jo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just write about random things in my life and costuming.

      Delete

Well hello there lovely, please leave a comment!